Pet First Aid by Red Cross
Follow these important steps to help keep your pet at their best:
- Give your pet plenty of exercise. Regular exercise will help your pet feel better and live longer.
- Make sure your pet has plenty of fresh, cool water.
- Get to know a veterinarian and make sure your pet has yearly checkups.
- Make sure your pet is up to date on vaccines, especially rabies.
- Get your pet spayed or neutered.
- Keep dogs on leashes outside – another animal may be too much temptation.
- Know how to perform CPR and provide basic First Aid until veterinary care is available. Pet First Aid courses are offered at many locations throughout the country.
Here is a link to Be RedCross Ready: Pets and Disaster Safety Checklist